hello bookworms, i haven’t written a blog post in soooo long so today i am going to stop procrastinating and actually get something productive done. i thought that i would start of the Summer holidays with a post about my summer goals and plans. most of these will be book based but there will be a few others . ok , lets get into it……………..
go to a beach – lets face it, it isn’t summer without at least 1 trip to the beach
achieve my goodreads goal of 30 books – i’m currently at 20 so it shouldn’t be too hard
reach 2k followers on my bookstagram ( follow me @perfectpaperbacks )
get my booktube up and running – i’ve uploaded a few videos but only have 9 subs (please subscribe @perfectpaperbacks )
get some writing done on my wip – i think i have an idea that’s a winner so now i just have to keep going with it
save up as much as possible – i am trying to save up for a proper camera and a macbook, but that won’t happen for a long time.
get up early and be productive – i know that over summer break the last thing you want to do is get up early but it doesnt have to be 6am, even 9am is still early enough to get a lot done with your day!
to try and destress – the school year can be a very stressful time with homework, exams and just the routine of it all is tiring. it is called a summer break for a reason so give yourself a break! do things that relax you and make you happy, so that you’re well rested, calm and refreshed to start the new school year!
that ends my post today guys! thank you so much for reading and i hope you all have a wonderful summer! xoxo Em
hello bookworms! so today is something a bit different than books. im going to talk about some fashion must-haves for the season of spring into summer…
a lovely floral dress – spring is the time where flowers start to bloom, so why not incorporate that into your wardrobe ? it brightens up a plain outfit and if you pair it with a nice pair of sandals will bring the look right into the summer season
a lovely ruffle blouse – we all love the girly bright look in spring, and adding a few ruffles just lightens the mood. and lucky for you tops with ruffles are right on trend this spring! why not pair this with a pair if distressed jeans or a flowy skirt.
a denim jacket – this fashionable item is not just gorgeous but practical aswell. this will work perfectly on the spring evenings when it’s not cold enough for a coat but not warm enough to go out in short sleeves. you don’t have to stick to the usual denim colour either! why not try it in a lovely white or pretty lilac??
polka dots – anything polka dots is fun, especially a nice blouse or a midi dress.
denim shorts – these are ideal for the warmer spring days or even summer days. wear these in a variety of colours and pair them with one of your polka dot or floral blouses and you’re sorted!!
hello bookworms! a few weeks ago i was sent an ebook copy of the shadowverse to review. it took me a while to read but that is just because i had exams and projects to catch up on.
i really liked the book, so i gave it 5 stars. the characters were lovely and i thoroughly enjoyed the storyline of this book.
Johnny Sparks longs for a greater purpose. After an encounter with a mysterious stranger, he and his friends are imbued with incredible powers—at last giving his life meaning.
But this dream soon disintegrates once one of the friends is taken by an alien warlord named Titan. In a rescue effort, the remaining group is sent across the galaxy in search of the only possible aid—an ancient, immortal warrior missing for centuries.
To succeed, the team must join forces to reclaim their friend and stop a sinister scheme devised against humanity by Titan and his empire. The conflict for the soul of the universe is set in motion, but even if the group prevails, they risk losing what it means to be human.
the writing style was ver easy to follow, it was a very gripping story that i think deserves more hype.
hello bookworms ! i haven’t done a blog post in ages, so today i am going to tell you about my favourite fantasy ya books. also happy (late) st. patricks day, i’m certainly loving the bank holiday lol. and yesterday i hit 1000 followers on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/perfectpaperbacks/?hl=en so thank you so much for that! anyways here we go ……..
harry potter ~ ok so it’s not an oldie but a goodie and i couldn’t not include it
the shatter me series by Tahereh Mafi ~ i ADORE THIS SERIES , i just finished ignite me (#3) today. i flew through the first one, the second one was meh and i fell back in love with them on the third.
the cruel prince ~ i finished this a few weeks ago and omg i loved it, needless to say the wicked king is next to buy !
scythe ~ i did really like this book but i haven’t got the sequel yet so i don’t think i loved it.
the selection ~ i am obsessed with these books and have read them all! if you haven’t read them then ……….. what are you waiting for ???!!
here are my top tips of becoming a successful bookstagrammer
1. plan the type of posts you would like to be associated with and start a theme : why? well it looks better when all of your photographs match and coordinate together. also if you are looking for some brands to look at your pictures they have to look good! focus on a colour scheme, wheather you want it to be light or dark. etc.
2. invest in photo editing tools: the better quality your pictures are , the more they will catch the viewers attention. some of my favourites are lightroom, vsco and adobe photoshop. ( they don’t have to be expensive to be effective) some of these apps are free to use, however it does cost to upgrade to a better bundle or unlock some premium features. if you are not interested in paying for these then that’s ok too! the majority of apps have a good amount of free content.
3. use a branded or popular hashtag when posting : if you use a branded hashtag then it is more likely that people from those brands will see your account. this will bring a new audience of potential brands that may gift you items. remember also that hashtags can end up looking a little messy if there are too many of them in your caption. so here is a simple solution, don’t put the hashtags into your caption. instead put them into a comment on the post. the photo will still show up in the hashtag page but won’t clutter up your caption!
4. engage with your audience: there is nothing worse than when somebody doesn’t answer your question so try to answer as many comments on your posts as possible, it will let your followers know that you are down to earth and like to communicate with others. although the large numbers of followers can look appealing don’t lose sight of those loyal fans. quality over quantity is what i say.
5. create the perfect bio : by creating an interesting bio people would be more inclined to follow you should they stumble across your account. It needs to be able to say who you are and what you have to offer. the bio may be only a short amount of words but you should be able to get your point across and don’t forget to make it colourful! add in some emojis if you want to , personalize it, it is meant to show your personality so never hide it.
6. post regularly : ok so in order to become successful you must be active online, ideally you should post at least once a day (if not more) otherwise the algorithim will hide your account and it will reach less people. this is also on instagram stories not just your feed!it helps if you post at the same time each day , though that is easier said than done. there are a range of apps that can schedule your psots for you to go up at a certain time. saying that your pictures should still have good content. even if you post ten times a day, people will lose interest if your photos look rushed or not up to your usual standard
7. take advantage of instagram highlights : this is a feature that allows you to keep whatever stories you want in catagories. it would be handy if you had a rep code for example so that people could view it anytime! it is quite annoying when they disappear after 24 hours!
8. collaborate : when possible choose to collab with other influencers and friends, it will bring a new audience to your account. the larger the account the better return it should have but anything is a start
9. go live on instagram : this is always a good idea to talk to your followers and engage with them in an unedited way. they can see you for who you are and you can talk about whatever tickles your fancy at the time. you should keep these interesting and have an idea of what you shall talk about during the live, this is to avoid awkward silences and people leaving because of boredom
10. share the love! : i always tend to follow back an account if i am interested in what they are posting, however this is hard to do if you have thousands or millions of followers. a tip for starting to gain followers would be find some accounts, follow them and like some of their pictures. and of course one of the most important thing is BE KIND !!!
that’s the thing about books, they let you travel without moving your feet
hey everyone ! so I finished the final book in the selection series on Saturday and i’m only getting around to writing the review now! i LOVED the selection series but i didn’t read it all in one go………. actually quite the opposite as i started the first on last July i think. it’s definitely my comfort read. so anyways lets get on to the review …………………….
synopsis ~ A selection can only have one winner. A princess only has one heart
when Eadlyn became the first princess of Illéa to hold her own selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty five suitors. but as events at the palace force her even further into the spotlight, Eadlyn realizes that she might not be content remaining alone
Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairy- tale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…………
genre: young adult, romance , fiction
i started the selection series last summer when i bought the first book in a train station. i read the first three books very quickly but was a bit apprehensive whether to read the last two or not ( as the last two were based 20 years later) but i just couldn’t leave them down and i loved the the heir and crown just as much!!
this follows Eadlyn as she makes her final decision in the selection. after an unexpected turn of health with queen America she notices that her parents are getting more tired and not coping very well with all of the pressure. she steps up to her role and becomes queen, everything is happy for a while until she is faced with another threat that could ruin the whole country. she is rushed into making a decision and marrying one of her remaining suitors. there is still one major thing in the way …………. her true love
this is a tale of how someone has to make sacrifices for the sake of her family and country. a thrilling tale of forbidden love and sacrifice